La Fenice

Yuzuru Hanyu, il genio talentuoso del pattinaggio, Foto, Video, Interviste, Articoli

« Older   Newer »
Jo de Souza
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/6/2015, 00:49 by: Jo de Souza     +1   -1

relato do show

DOI part I

Well, since I cannot write anything insightful/enlightening, I decided to write what I went through in detail, hoping to give you a virtual experience of going to an ice show in Japan. After Tiara and I met, as we were walking toward the Skate Center, we saw Coach Nagakubo (Rika and Sota’s coach) walking this way. I think he was going to a convenient store right next to the skate center. It felt strange to see someone who you are used to watching on TV, on street. He was a tall man.

While we waited in line for the place to open up, we chatted with a lady in front of us. She came from Kyoto and saw yesterday’s show as well. She went to FaOI in Shizuoka last weekend, too. (She is going to Kobe, she said.) I was like “Wow, compared to hers, my going to one competition and one ice show in a year is nothing!”

We did not wait long before walking into a freezer. Yude warned us before that the place was really cold and she was right. I am glad that she told us that. My fingers went numb because it was freezing. (And I had my winter coat on and was constantly clapping to help the blood circulation in my extremities.)

The place was much smaller than Yoyogi where WTT was held and it was packed full. The rink looked small. Actually, I constantly worried about a skater going off the rink whenever he/she jumped. We got lucky, so we sat at the second row in the arena. The rink was right in front of us with no wall! That was the closest I got to a rink, so we were a bit overwhelmed. Unfortunately as the show started, we quickly realized the virtual judges’ seats were at the other side of the rink, so many skaters had their spotlight moves over there.

In the opening, each skater was called and showed their jumps and spins. Yuzu’s triple axel and eagle were beautiful and his spin was good (no fall) During the group dance, he danced really enthusiastically. To me he looked like consciously acting as a leader of the show.

Novice, junior skaters looked good. Their jumps were not often perfect, but I think it is important for them to have experiences to perform in front of a big crowd. Among them, Marin Honda and Yuna Aoki stood out. I think their core muscles are firm and well developed. Of course, Wakaba and Sota are in a different class. Boys (Koshiro, Sena and Shu) looked promising. Too bad that some of them ran out of stamina where the music got most dramatic, so he could not bring out the climax.

Dice was the only senior skater who skated in the first half. I was impressed with his expressiveness. I think he has improved in that department since the NHK. Sota has improved artistically, too. I remember he looked really uncomfortable with “performing/acting”. He seems to be making real progress. (I wish his costume were a bit more interesting (black and red.))

Wow, I have written a way too long (words) and I have not talked about Yuzu, yet.

DOI Part II

Well, I will go right into my main point. After Plushy, the place went dark and I saw Yuzu’s silhouette. By then I was having indigestion of skaters’ performances because they kept sending skaters one after another without any break. It was like all the performances were on a factory’s production line coming to your way. In a competition, you will see them in the 6 min warm-up, their actual performance and in K&C and there is some time between any two of them. So, my head was spinning already (pika15) but I thought, well, this is the moment I came here for (well mainly) and there he was. I did not sense the same aura from him that I did at WTT. I think that is only there when he is in a competition mode? Anyway, he looked really like a noble prince in Heian era. Just standing still in that costume, he already portrays Abe no Seimei so well. Tiara and I agreed that his choice of this era not Samurai eras was clever. A Heian noble figure (well Seimei was not really a nobleman, I think) is better suited for him, imo. Ah, the performance went so quickly. Well, Yuzu’s skating speed was really fast. He was in one corner and next second he was in another corner (pika15) I really liked his choreographic moves, especially the arm movement. When the music starts, he raises his arm, right? It is not his usual soft supple move, right. He uses that throughout his program and I think it accentuates his performance really well. And the step sequence in the end! It is so intense, but fluid and just gorgeous (faint) If I can see that in a competition, I will be very happy. (It seems to me that his choreographic movement sometimes gets watered down cause he has to focus more on his jumps in competitions.) The music used seemed to be the main theme of the movie “Onmyouji” (the beginning jumping streak and the last climax part including StSq), and maybe some other piece (for the quiet part in the middle), but I am not sure.

por Mii9000
do forum Yuzuru

:embrace: :embrace: :embrace: :embrace: :embrace: :embrace: :embrace: :embrace: :embrace:

outro relato do show
Whoa, after a long and exciting day, I am finally sitting in front of the computer.
Thanks everyone, for your support and encouragements for us going to DOI. It was like a once in a lifetime experience! (pika3)

As Mii mentioned, we were lucky we got to sit at the 2nd row, which was only 1.5m away from the ice. It was shivering cold, much colder compared to PIW that I've gone in April. (But then I was on the 2nd floor at PIW, so not comparable.) When the show opened, each one of the skaters were called and came out. I think Takahito Kozuka didn't jump at the opening. Yuzu came out last and showed his spread eagle - just absolutely gorgeous. But my heart was beating so fast I don't remember the details. Yuzu didn't fall but he was about to fall at the end of the opening dance right before the light went dark. I was wondering if there were ditches on the ice at around there since everyone made jumps at certain areas.

The junior skaters were cute and promising. Koshiro skated to Chaplin music (partly?) that I really enjoyed. His jumps were clean. Sena's music was dignified and his costume reminded me of a silver version of Yuzu's R&J1. Marin's Biellman spin got untied and she fell (does this happen often?). I think she might have grown taller a bit. Wakaba was bouncy and full of energy (made me wanna scream, "Go, girl! Go!" (pika11) ). Yuna skated beautifully and made me realize that she's another rising star. I liked Kaori's performance the best amongst the girls. With her speed and energy, I think her performance got along very well with the music (which I believe was flamenco - sorry I don't know the name of the music.) Shoma's new program with Turandot seemed well put together. Sota skated beautifully and I really liked his positions of the spins. Hiroaki's performance made us smile. He wore a flesh-colored leotards (on the upper body) with glitters. (pika15) He's a show-man. I didn't know he has this kind of side to him. Very entertaining. Dice's music from Les Miserables was very nice and I like his white-shirt costume. It was very simple yet attractive.

Since their performances were just outstanding, we couldn't help but give standing ovation to everyone who skated in the second half. Mii and I were busy standing up at the end of each program putting down our blankets and bags
I think Rika's program this season is going to be gorgeous! It really fits her. Satoko impressed me with making all the jumps while holding onto the umbrella the whole time. Mura's new program with Charlie White was beautiful. I quite liked the steps. His 3A was very high and perfect. Machida fell a few jumps in his 5:40 Schubert program, but still gave me chills to watch this ultimate art on ice. Liza was singing to the music (sounds familiar, eh? :) Kozuka and his skating skills were absolutely beautiful.
And, Plushenko with his Carmina Burana - wow, he just ruled and changed the world! Mii and I suddenly became granny whenever he jumps, worrying about his back! (lol) Plushy, just be careful this season, please~ (faint)

As soon as King Plushy's lights went off, I could see a slender yet powerful figure coming straight out with top speed from the curtain - of course, it's OUR KING, Yuzuru. He was doing his usual routine of before the performance. Unfortunately, the (invisible) judge side for the day was across from us, so we couldn't see his face at his first pose. But it didn't matter when he started skating to the music, SEIMEI. I'm so sorry I cannot distinguish his technical components but he popped the first 4S, 4T, 3F (right in front of us!), shaky 3A (no combo) (am I getting them right? I am not sure...) I think his skating skill improved even more! He was skating like a bullet! I could see his facial expression for only very short second as he's constantly zipping through. His hydroblade, ina bauer and stepworks were all nicely blended with the music and gorgeous as always. As many others saying, Yuzu seemed to be very tired. Though Yuzu's appearance in the show was short, I don't think I would ever have any chance to be able to see him this up close! So I tried not to blink (lol)

Gee, I don't know if this report would interest you guys. Sorry for all the rumblings. Like Mii said, I am really sad now that I don't get to see him in person any more... but I hope time will help me recover. My next wish is to see his SEIMEI performance on TV (they said today's show that Mii and I watched will be aired on the 21st.)
tiarakitten

tiarakitten forum Yuzuru

como gostaria de ter a chance de ver Yuzuru de perto , mas esses relatos já me dão a ideia de como é ve-lo tão próximo
:lovepc: :lovepc: :lovepc: :lovepc: :lovepc: :lovepc: :lovepc:

aflo_iwph001306
aflo_iwph001307
aflo_iwph001308aflo_hkja075320
aflo_iwph001310
aflo_iwph001312
aflo_iwph001311
aflo_hkja075323aflo_hkja075322
aflo_hkja075319

:yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

aflo_hkja075337aflo_hkja075339aflo_iwph001192aflo_iwph001193aflo_iwph001195aflo_iwph001200aflo_iwph001203
aflo_iwph001205
aflo_iwph001207
aflo_iwph001211
aflo_iwph001213
aflo_iwph001217
aflo_iwph001221
aflo_iwph001224
aflo_iwph001232
aflo_iwph001234
aflo_iwph001235
aflo_iwph001237
aflo_iwph001239