La Fenice

Yuzuru Hanyu, il genio talentuoso del pattinaggio, Foto, Video, Interviste, Articoli

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 5/2/2016, 16:49     +1   -1

RISERVISTA PER SEMPRE

Group:
Aiutante de La Fenice

Hi Erimai

I'm looking forward to read your comments then!!!!

Erimai
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/2/2016, 00:14     +1   -1

Thank you, Blue! hiyob_uru

CAT_IMG Posted on 6/2/2016, 21:26     +1   -1

RISERVISTA PER SEMPRE

Group:
Aiutante de La Fenice

Interessantissimo articolo originariamente in russo che analizza in dettaglio la performace su Chopin allo NHK trophy

Spiega passo per passo tutti i movimenti di Yuzu, tutti i passi e i turns che lui fa, Pochissimi incrociati in tutto il programma.

Tradotto da Marina Khevkh con la collaborazione di Trenton Davis entrambi dello Yuzuru Hanyu International Fan group su facebook Postato anche sul tumblr di chibura

Qualche spiegazioni delle abbreviazioni

RFI ( filo destro interno avanti)
RBI ( filo destro interno indietro)
RFO ( filo destro esterno avanti)
RBO ( filo destro esterno indietro)

LFI ( filo sinistro interno avanti)
LBI (filo sinistro interno indietro)
LFO ( filo sinistro esterno avanti)
LBO ( filo sinistro esterno indietro)

CW senso orario
CCW senso antiorario

CITAZIONE
Hello everyone, I have decided to work on some analysis for Yuzuru’s programs. I am no expert so I have to rely on many people’s help. Marina Khevkh has translated a very long article about Yuzuru’s Chopin from Russian, written by the knowledgeable Yulena on Russian figure skating forum. Trenton Davis also gave a hand to fix all the terms in English thus we have an easier to read translation.

This article explains in details every figure skating step and transition Yuzuru did during his short program at NHK 2015. The author also explained all the criteria and why/how Yuzuru deserved the score he got. Please notice that this article was written after NHK Trophy in December 2015, so there are some words and sentences indicate only for that specific time.

This article is very long, but we all decide to share this article first and hopefully people will understand how much Yuzuru has invested in this performance and how difficult it is to execute all of the elements so well.

Please send us some feedback if you see any issue with the terms and translation. Please enjoy!

NHK Trophy - The unforgettable Chopin “Ballade”

This is the analysis of Yuzuru Hanyu’s SP performance at NHK Trophy 2015:

Video

“Hanyu is a mountain river which you can watch endlessly.” - A. Boychuk.

“Yuzuru perhaps is the perfect skater; he is a great jumper, a great skater, and he is expressive. The impression from Yuzuru is that, if he is in shape…as he steps on the ice it can be compared to people’s reaction when a very beautiful and charming person enters a party. As soon as they enter the room or join the party, people can’t take their eyes of him.” - E. Kulinicheva.

Last weekend Yuzuru Hanyu brilliantly won the Grand Prix Final in Japan, set a world record for the short program, long program, and total points. At this competition, for the first time he skated to a new version of the short program. In the summer, he announced his intention to keep the short program. As Yuzuru explained himself, he believed the Ballade had the potential for more growth on both the technical and artistic/component side.

He also said that “… the piano music requires great attention to detail, precision, and delicacy in the expression.”

Yuzuru decided to increase the difficulty of his short program after Skate Canada. He immediately started training. The program layout was changed almost completely. The program is complex not only in regards to the jumps (technical side) - he added a second quad with transitions in and out - but also in its composition. From the old version, they kept only the beginning, the end, and the step sequence. Here, still with the amazing music of Chopin’s Ballade, the program became a completely new program. Yuzuru worked hard on other aspects of his skating, and persistent training resulted in stunning performances at the NHK Trophy.

“I knew someday it would be necessary to include two quads in the short program in order to win. I need to do two quadruple jumps, with difficult transitions, in my program with positive GOE. The step sequence and spins too. I need to express the music and skate with incredible concentration. I must learn and do all these things before the Pyeongchang Olympics. As the reigning Olympic champion, I should be stronger than the others to defend my title,” Yuzuru said.

His coach, Brian Orser, was surprised by this decision although he had the same idea about putting two quads in the short program for the future.

“I was waiting for such performances from Yuzuru for more than a year. Finally, it happened. My approach to the changes was conservative but Yuzuru was ambitious. Two quads in the short program is a new standard for competing at the highest level. The short program at Skate Canada hurt our pride, but at the same time it made Yuzuru stronger,” Orser said.

Here is the protocol: https://pp.vk.me/c627921/v627921527/29ac9/6Vh5CJF8_aM.jpg

The program begins with: http://gph.is/1PXV2dA

LFO-LBI 3-turn
Crossover
RBO-LFO mohawk
LFI-LBO bracket
Crossover
RBI-LFI mohawk
LFO-LBI 3 turn
RBO-RFI 3 turn
RFI-LBI mohawk
Crossover

He glides on the RBI edge and then does a crossover, followed by:

RBI-RFI rocker
RFI-RBI counter
RBI-LFO mohawk
LFO-LBI 3 turn
RBO-RFI 3 turn
RFI-LBI mohawk.

Then Yuzuru does an inside spread eagle and begins to set up for the quad Salchow: http://gph.is/1nSk3Rr

RFI-LBI spread eagle
RBO-RFI 3 turn
RFI-LBI mohawk
4S
LFO-RBO to LFI-RBI spread eagle.

The features for positive GOE for jumps are: difficult entry (the way you enter an element), identifiable steps immediately before jumping, good height and distance, creative/difficult exit (how you exit an element), and matched to musical structure. Total features for positive GOE is two. Rigid/stiff landing reduces the GOE by one. Final GOE in the protocol is 1.00.

Immediately after the jump he does a RBI loop and LBI edge, and continues with movements that matches the music:

RBI-RFO 3 turn
RBI loop
LFO-LBI 3 turn
Chasse
Crossover
RBI-LFI mohawk
A hop
There is something like one crossover here to go from the left foot to the right foot
RBI-LFI mohawk
LFO-LBI 3 turn
Lunge to the free right foot
Lunge to the skating left foot
Crossover

He then begins doing steps to set up a quadruple toe loop-triple toe loop: http://gph.is/1T34XFo

RBO-LBO cross roll
LBO-RFI choctaw
RBI-LFI mohawk
Chasse
LFO-LBI 3 turn
4T+3T

The steps before the combination are well-matched to the program and suit the musical accents.

The positive features of the combination are: complex entry, identifiable steps before the jump, good height and distance, flow from beginning to end, effortless execution, and matched to music. This gives +3 GOE. No decrease in GOE, giving the total GOE in the protocol as 2.57.

After the combination, he does a RBI-LFI mohawk and a hop. The then changes directions: RFI-RBO 3 turn (good running edge, very beautiful posture), RBO-LFO mohawk followed by an entry into the LBI flying camel spin with an Arabian leap into the spin.

Features: difficult entry (Arabian), difficult variation (camel up position), difficult variation (donut variation), eight revolutions without changing position. This gives a difficulty of Level 4. http://gph.is/1PXYfK9

The positive features of the spin are: good speed or increase in speed, balanced positions, more than required number of revolutions, and matched to musical structure (especially the amazing hand movements). This gives +2 GOE. No decrease in GOE. The final GOE in the protocol is 1.07.

After this, the second half of the program begins as the 3A is executed. http://gph.is/1VWwh6f

Loop
RBO-LFI 3 turn
RFI-LBI mohawk
Cross step
LBO-RFO mohawk
Chasse
LFI-RBI mohawk
Crossover
LBO-LFI 3 turn
LFI-RBI mohawk
Ina Bauer
LFO-LBI 3 turn
Cross step
Chasse
LBO-LFO counter
3A
RBO-RBI edge
RBI-RFI counter
RFI-RBO 3 turn (difficult)

The positive features of the jump are: complex entry, identifiable steps before the jump, good height and distance, creative/difficult exit, effortless execution, matched to music. This gives +3 GOE, with no decrease. The final GOE in protocol is 2.43.

He then does a sit spin with a change of foot. http://gph.is/1VWsC8z

Features: difficult variation (foot-forward variation), difficult variation (foot-aside variation), difficult change of position on one foot, clear increase in speed, difficult variation (back leg). This gives a difficulty of Level 4. Positive features of the spin: good speed or increase in speed, good centered spin, balanced positions, unusual and original features (accented with hand movements), good control throughout, matched to music. Positive GOE is +2 to +3 with no reduction. Final GOE is 1.21.

After the spin, he does the following transitions:

Cross Step
RFI-LBO choctaw
Cross roll
RBI-LFI mohawk
LFO-LBI 3 turn
RFI CCW Twizzle (2 revolutions)

He stops on the accent of the music before starting the step sequence.

Back crossover
LBI edge to LBO edge
Choctaw
Mohawk
RBI Loop
Mohawk
Crossover
Hop
CCW Twizzle (1 revolution)-right foot
Mohawk
Choreographic Movement
3 turn
Choctaw
Hop
3 turn
Crossover
Counter
Rocker+Counter+Rocker
Hop
Rocker+Counter+Bracket
Ina Bauer
3 turn
Hop
Crossover
Hop
Choctaw
Cross step
CCW Twizzle (2 revolutions)-right foot
Mohawk
Edges
3 turn
CW Twizzle (3 revolutions)-left foot
Counter
LFO Loop
Mohawk

Difficult turns:

RBI loop
LFO loop
RFI-RBI counter
LBO-LFO counter
LBO-LFO counter
LFO-LBI bracket
RFI-RBI rocker
LFO-LBO rocker
CCW twizzle-right foot
CCW twizzle-right foot
CW twizzle-left foot

Difficult steps:

LFI-RBO choctaw
RFI-LBO choctaw (2X)

Other steps and turns:

LFI-LBO 3 turn
RFO-LBO mohawk (2X)
RFI-LBI mohawk
LBI-LFO 3 turn
RFI-LBI mohawk

Other movements:

Three small CW hops
Two small CCW hops
Two cross steps
Four lunges

To get a Level 4 difficulty, all four criteria must be met:

- At least 11 difficult steps and turns, not counted more than twice and at least five in both directions
- Full-body rotation in both directions (CW and CCW) for at least 1/3 of the pattern
- Use of full-body movement for at least 1/3 of the sequence
- Two combinations of three difficult turns with a clear rhythm, executed on different feet.

Combinations of difficult turns:

RBI-RFI Rocker+RFI-RBI Counter+RBI-RFI Rocker http://i10.pixs.ru/storage/1/1/6/trollface...45_19695116.gif

LFO-LBO Rocker+LBO-LFO Counter+LFO-LBI Bracket http://i10.pixs.ru/storage/8/9/3/trollface...62_20043893.gif

LFI Twizzle+LBO-LFO Counter+LFO Loop http://i10.pixs.ru/storage/9/7/9/trollface...04_20043979.gif

Positive features of the step sequence are energy, good speed and variation in speed, use of various steps, good control, and use of the entire body. Elements look effortless and match the music. This gives +3 GOE. The final GOE in received is 1.90. http://i10.pixs.ru/storage/0/2/7/shematreh...85_20044027.jpg

Right after the step sequence, he does a RFI-RBO 3 turn into the final combination spin with two changes of position (three positions) and a change of foot. Features for spin difficulty are: difficult variation (leg in front camel position), difficult variation (body leaning forward upright position), difficult variation (foot forward), difficult change of position on the same foot. Positive features: good speed or increase in speed, good centered spin, balanced positions, creative/difficult variations (hand movements), good control in all phases, matched to music. This gives a GOE of +2/+3. The final GOE received is 1.21.

This spin is the final element of the program. In the last position, his hand movements totally match the musical.

The program meets all the criteria for good skating skills. Yuzuru demonstrates broadness, lightness, speed, and multi-directional skating with good edges.

There are various transitions used in the program. In addition to the steps and turns, he uses different elements of figure skating: Ina Bauers, lunges, spread eagles, small hops, etc. He executes steps and turns with constant changes of direction and uses different body movements that meet the criteria for difficulty and complexity. There is little preparation and set up for elements, and he uses original and sophisticated entries and exits with high quality. This is reflected in the evaluation of transitions and skating skills.

The clear and committed gestures, expressive hands, and soft lines of Yuzuru match the character and style of the music. His Ballade was skated in one breath, effortlessly and musically, and emphasizes and transmits all the nuances of piano music.

All elements and steps weave in and out of the choreography and perfectly suit the program. His feet move with complexity, and the movements of his hands and body are also well-placed. All technical elements are placed well and distributed at various locations on the ice, and are matched to the music.

There is a change of pace and rhythm, which is well-executed by the skater. All choreographic accents suit the music. Yuzuru demonstrates the tremendous feeling of the music throughout the program. Classical music, in the words of Yuzuru, requires a deeper interpretation. The skater must express not only the style of music but highlight all the accents of the music, never missing a single note or musical phrase. In his program, Yuzuru did it perfectly.

The increasing complexity of the content and the placement of elements of the new program gave more luster, and clean and high-quality execution strengthened the impression of it.

Amazing view at the end of the program, and such an eloquent gesture with the hands. http://49.media.tumblr.com/821683b904a8ef5...sbym4o4_540.gif

(Yuzuru Hanyu does not intend to stop there. How about adding 4T+3T in the second half and 4Lo in the free program? But that will be another story. Sincerely, Yelena.)

PS - Some abbreviations
GOE: Grade of execution
CW: clockwise
CCW: counterclockwise
L: Left (leg)
R: Right (leg)
O: Outside (edge)
I: Inside (edge)
B: Back
F: Forward

fonte

E la tv giapponese ha mandato in onda la seconda giornata dello show New Year on Ice ( The final time traveler a circa 24.00)