La Fenice

Yuzuru Hanyu, il genio talentuoso del pattinaggio, Foto, Video, Interviste, Articoli

« Older   Newer »
Blue fire
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/11/2017, 18:06 by: Blue fire     +1   -1

RISERVISTA PER SEMPRE

Group:
Aiutante de La Fenice

Intervista a Brian uscita oggi su Icenetwork, parla della condizione di Yuzu e Javi

Yuzu in pratica si e fatto una distorsione alla caviglia..la solita caviglia insomma...

Riporto solo la parte che riguarda Yuzu

CITAZIONE
At last, Brian Orser is back behind the boards, after missing the last two Grand Prix events, Cup of China and NHK Trophy. Orser was kind enough to answer icenetwork's questions about his two most famous protégés, Javier Fernández and Yuzuru Hanyu, after the tough two weeks they experienced.
Icenetwork: How do you feel now?

Orser: Much better. The season didn't start exactly as I had planned. First, with the surgery I had to go through. I had my gallbladder taken away. I had to stay at the hospital, and I couldn't go with Javi to Cup of China, and it didn't turn out so good (Fernández finished sixth in Beijing). And then I couldn't go to NHK, and that didn't turn good either (Hanyu withdrew after injuring his ankle in practice). That's how unpredictable skating can be. You'd never want that to happen, especially in an Olympic season.

Icenetwork: That must have been so frustrating!
Orser: It was frustrating! It kind of shows how much [the skaters] rely on their coach, which is a good thing. Of course, we work as a team, but I'm always the one at rinkside with them, the one to lift them when they need a lift. But you know, last season Javier won both his Grand Prix and then everything started to go in the wrong direction, so this season might be different!

Icenetwork: Can you give us some news about Yuzuru?
Orser: As you know, Yuzu sprained his ankle. He sprained it, but it was not broken. From what I hear, it will take about 10 days until he can step back onto the ice, so he should be coming back to Toronto soon. We'll have to start back slow and kind of regroup from then on. He won't be doing the [Grand Prix] Final for sure now. Neither Javi or Yuzu will, actually. That must actually be the first time none of my skaters do a Grand Prix Final since I've been a coach! That's too bad. Finals are always fun; they are such good events, with just the best skaters of the world.

Icenetwork: How do you see Yuzu's and Javi's chances this season?
Orser: This year, Yuzu landed his quad lutz. He had been working on it for some time. He landed it the first time he showed it in competition, at Rostelecom (Cup). That was a big checkpoint. Mission accomplished!

Icenetwork: Will he do quad flip?
Orser: No, he won't be doing quad flip. He has quad loop and quad lutz, and he has enough on his plate. I even feel that the quad lutz is not necessary to him, because of all the other skills he has: the (quad) toe and sal and loop, all done with such high quality, his spins, his steps. I be

Icenetwork: Yuzuru's confidence is not at stake?
Orser: Yuzu came back to Toronto at the end of June. He was like on a mission. By mid-July, he was ready to compete. He was training so hard, but he was a little too early. It's hard to hold them back. So sometimes you get circumstances to force them to pull back. In a way, Yuzu's ankle problem may prove to be a good thing.

fonte e intervista completa

12009 replies since 18/7/2013, 18:35   2287811 views